I am committed to protecting your privacy, whether you are a contact, customer, supplier, contractor or employee of mine.
This document describes how I collect and manage your personal and sensitive information when you interact with my business. I take this responsibility very seriously. If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal or sensitive information is being handled, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client, I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your name, email address and phone number
- the country that you live in, and/or home address
- your date of birth
- your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you or you might wish to purchase from me
- information that allows me to tailor my content to your needs when you sign up for one of my masterclasses or programs or free guides
- your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help me improve the usability and appeal of my website. More information about this is found in the section on Cookies below.
- if you are an employee or contractor, or propose working with me in that capacity, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience
- if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices
Collection and Use
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- you contact me with a question, comment or inquiry
- you subscribe to my newsletter
- you attend a masterclass, or event where I am hosting or presenting
- you correspond with me on a social media platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or similar sites
- you opt in to receive a free resource from me
- you book a session or purchase a service from me
- you share general information relating to your business or personal life
- you provide me with a testimonial
- I search your website or social media in preparation for working with you
- my website automatically collects information about you and your activities on my site (including analytics and cookies)
- a third party supplies information to me, such as when you are referred or introduced to me by a mutual acquaintance, or you leave a testimonial through a third party provider such as Google or Endorsal.
If you do not provide me with information when requested to do so, I may not be able to carry out your instructions or achieve the purpose for which the information has been sought.
I use your information to:
- respond to your enquiries
- provide you with my services at your request
- monitor or improve the use of and satisfaction with my website, or services
- share the latest news and developments relevant to my work
- let you know about my expertise, and services that may be of interest to you
I will only collect your information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me with information
- if I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- if I am legally required to collect it
- if collecting the information is necessary to preserve life or keep someone safe from harm
- for necessary administrative processes if you become my client
- if I believe that I can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although I will always give you a choice to opt out
I understand that some information is particularly sensitive, and that you are trusting me to keep this information confidential.
The sensitive information I collect from you may include:
- your birth date
- your medical history
- information about your lifestyle and relationships
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- through my checkout form in Kajabi when you purchase a service
- in a video consultation
- when you send me information in an email (please note that email may not be sufficiently secure – if the information is extremely sensitive, ask me about alternative ways to share it with me.)
The reason why I collect your sensitive information is:
- so that I can provide you with the services you have requested from me
- to ensure that I am providing you with the most appropriate services
Secure Storage of Sensitive Information
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
- Sensitive information is stored within my password protected portal on Kajabi and on a password protected computer.
- Only I have access to your sensitive information.
- Your sensitive information is stored securely online, or in the cloud through Kajabi. You can find out more about their security provisions in the section on Security below.
Collection of Information from Minors
Sensitive information may be collected from children under the age of 18 under the following circumstances:
- in the presence of their parents
- with their parent or guardian’s full consent
Disclosure of Information
I may disclose your information if required under the following circumstances:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to engage professional support, although any information I share under these circumstances is de-identified to preserve client confidentiality
- to refer you to other service providers at your request
Who disclosures are made to
You consent to me sharing relevant information, on a strictly need-to-know basis, with:
- people you authorise me to correspond with, as reasonably required to carry out your instructions
- my employees / subcontractors
- Third party providers who assist with
- business consulting
- email marketing
- legal or financial advice
- professional supervision
- website maintenance
- technological services
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that someone is engaging in unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
I take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal and sensitive information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your information by:
- storing files securely
- ensuring that only I have access to sensitive information
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis
- conducting regular audits of my security systems
As mentioned above, your information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy. The following security policies may apply during our work together:
From time to time, I may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- your website
Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are small text files that are commonly used by websites to improve a user’s experience, collect statistics or marketing information and provide access to secure areas.
You can choose to configure your browser settings not to accept cookies but this may interfere with the functioning of this website.
I use Google Analytics to collect information about your use of my website so that I can get strategic information about how my website is being used and improve its functionality. You can find out more about the information Google collects and how it is used here:
Google also provides an add-on for your browser that you can use to opt-out and prevent your data being used by Google Analytics. You can access that add-on here:
Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with my response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
- the health ombudsman in your state or territory
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.